We are looking to recruit a Legal Cashier for a permanent opportunity with a highly regarded law firm based in Brighton.
You must have recent and relevant experience working as a Legal Cashier and you will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Checking purchase invoices are in order and been authorised
• Inputting invoice onto relevant nominal in Purchase Ledger
• Weekly payment run and putting payment run on online banking
• Dealing with any queries relating to Purchase Ledger.
• Collating paperwork and posting entries for Partners’ credit cards and office credit cards to relevant nominal or to the relevant client matter file
• Processing payments from clients over the phone or in the office
• Dealing with any queries relating to credit card payments
• Opening and closing deposit accounts online
• Transfers between deposit account and client account as required.
• Monthly Deposit account reconciliation
• Reimbursing staff for business expenses
• Posting slips on system
• Reconciling and drawing cash to top up
• Posting entries onto the cheque register
• Chasing up cheques that have not yet been banked
• Banking of cheques
• Drawing of cheques
An attractive salary and benefits package and excellent career progression are on offer to the successful individual