Parliamentary Affairs Manager
£47,015-£61,187 per annum dependent on skills and experience, plus excellent benefits package
Spinwell is recruiting for a Parliamentary Affairs Manager for an excellent opportunity within the public sector.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS MANAGER
* Maintain and develop client’s parliamentary engagement strategy to raise client’s profile and maintain and develop new relationships with parliamentary stakeholders, including MPs, Peers, relevant select committees and All-Party Parliamentary Groups.
* Use our engagement strategy to position client as a thought leader in our field, and achieve buy in for the work we do, via client parliamentary events and briefings.
* Working with staff across client, manage the production of high-quality responses to select committee correspondence, MPs’ constituency correspondence, parliamentary questions and other requests from DWP.
* Grip the production of high-quality written and oral briefings for our Chair, Chief Executive and other directors so that they are well prepared for meetings, including select committee hearings.
* Manage the day-today relationship with our parliamentary monitoring agency, ensuring that parliamentary stakeholders’ perceptions and attitudes towards client, and positions on key matters, plus relevant topics, Bills and inquiries are being tracked; identify and report risks.
* Build and maintain information sharing with key parliamentary contacts, including at DWP, FCA, MaPS, TPO, PPF, PRA and the Bank of England.
* Contribute to relevant client strategy and communication working groups and provide parliamentary advice where applicable to our planning processes.
* Manage the production of our weekly Parliamentary update to staff.
* Work closely with the Senior Media and Parliamentary Manager (line manager), Stakeholder Affairs Manager and Head of Public Affairs and to support the delivery of client’s corporate strategic objectives.
* Manage, develop and support direct reports; encourage a culture of learning and development, in line with client’s values and objectives.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE OF THE PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS MANAGER
* A proven track record in engaging with parliamentarians and government staff, and an ability to develop our engagement strategy
* Ability to produce high quality written correspondence; ability to prepare our executive team for high profile parliamentary meetings via written and oral briefings
* An excellent understanding of how parliament and government work, including select committees
* A strong knowledge of parliamentary and current affairs
If you are a Parliamentary Affairs Manager, apply now or send your CV to Spinwell!
We welcome all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Applying to this or any other vacancy advertised by Spinwell Ltd constitutes an agreement for Spinwell Ltd to hold your details for 24 months for the purpose of assessing suitability for the advertised position and to make you aware of any other positions deemed suitable of which You will make you aware by means of either email, text or phone. In line with GDPR regulations you are able to request your details be removed from the company data at any time by emailing us