Contract type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: Brighton Head Office (80% remote working)
Study Group is seeking an experienced Group Financial Reporting Manager to join their Financial Control team. In this role you will be managing the Group Financial Control team, overseeing accurate monthly reporting in accordance with IFRS, and managing the audit and statutory consolidation process for the Group to ensure that deadlines are met for lenders. Additionally, this role requires taking charge of delivering balance sheet, cash, capex, and exceptional cost reporting for the monthly board pack, as well as cash forecasting, ensuring timely and high-quality report preparation. You will have a strong emphasis on supporting the team's development and assisting them in thriving within the team and the larger business.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess excellent organizational and communication skills and be proactive. You should come from an audit practice background, have strong technical skills, and have previous experience with Group consolidation and board pack preparation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Ownership of preparing the annual IFRS accounts for the consolidated Group and corporate entities
* Manage the Group audit process.
* Other statutory reporting includes quarterly covenant compliance certificates for lenders and PERG/Walker guidelines for PE entities.
* Preparation of technical accounting papers for the Group
* Keep up to date with technical and regulatory updates and be a key source of accounting expertise for the wider Financial Control team.
* Ownership of group accounting policies
* Managing the year-end goodwill impairment process for the Group
* Review monthly board pack slides prepared by the team, including balance sheet, exceptional costs, capex, group liquidity, and cash flows, understanding variances to budget/forecast.
* Oversee the preparation, posting and review of journals in respect of tax, intercompany, transfer pricing, term loans, and treasury.
* Consolidation of Regional cash flow forecasting, and preparing liquidity and cash analysis for management
* Ensure balance sheet integrity: Consolidation of balance sheet reconciliations across all regions with quarterly calls held to present risks and opportunities and other balance sheet risk items to the CFO.
* Co-ordinator for working Group to ensure all risks and exposure across our regional offices are documented and reported to senior management.
* Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS) including Group consolidations.
* Audit practice background.
* Team management experience.
* Exposure to cash reporting/forecasting and working capital modelling is desirable.
* Experience working with multi-currency and multi-location consolidations.
* Excellent ability to multi-task, to manage up and downwards and prioritising accordingly.
* Accepting that tasks will not always be straightforward with data easily accessible.
* Interest in working in a private equity-backed organisation that is ever-changing and growing.
Study Group is a leading international education provider dedicated and passionate about helping students worldwide, creating a brighter future and reaching their full potential. With university partnerships and a variety of face-to-face, online, and hybrid study programmes, we are able to provide students with the resources and guidance they need to succeed. Our global network of offices and university partnerships ensure that students receive the best educational services available. Additionally, our Insendi platform enables us to deliver innovative, accessible, and intuitive digital learning experiences with the most advanced digital tools available.
Study Group is proud of its high standards in safeguarding and recognises its importance in enabling the best possible student experience and outcomes. For successful applicants, the following checks will be conducted- Criminal Background Check (country-specific), x2 References, ID and Right to Work checks as well as Education Verification.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, or any other factor. We believe the best person for the job should be selected based on skills and experience alone.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap