Citywire has an opportunity for an entry level Research Analyst to join our Data Quality and Analysis team working across Citywire’s two key databases of Audience and Fund Managers. The Research Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, research, and information delivery. As our Research Analyst you will also be involved in research projects and will be encouraged to contribute ideas and observations to the business. This role is perfect for candidates looking to gain a basic understanding of the financial services industry and also offers the opportunity to gain a CFA qualification, or alternative for school leavers. The DQA team is a key part of Citywire’s business, enabling us to better classify, understand and interact with our audience.
A little about us… Citywire helps people make better investments. We publish news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors make the best decisions about where to place their clients' money. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We employ around 300 staff and look for motivated, passionate and dynamic people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Professional development is paramount to us to keep innovated and we encourage training throughout your career. We have offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan and Singapore with expansion planned already for Paris and Sydney. We have fully embraced a hybrid model of working.
As a Research Analyst you will gather information from online sources, internal Audience Development teams and 3rd party relationships to contribute to the growth and maintenance of the:
– Audience Database – classifying the audience into Citywire’s Asset Management and Industry taxonomy
– Fund Manager Database – tracking the international career history of the Fund Managers which supports many of the products that Citywire provide.
– Develop an understanding of the key roles and responsibilities at different firm types in the industry to better be able to classify the audience and to contribute to the development and evolution of the taxonomy
– Become a subject matter expert in the Career history and performance characteristics of Asset Classes, Sectors, Asset Management Companies, and individual fund managers.
– Provision of data to internal and external stakeholders.
Job specific skills / technical skills / requirements
– Good communication skills – you will be required to work with departments across the business and with stakeholders at all levels.
– Good basic excel skills are essential – exposure to vlooksups and similar formulas.
– Analytical mind-set with the ability to research and find key pieces of information. Continually asking questions of the data available to you.
– Ability to work with large datasets, spotting trends and similarities in the data.
-Organised and methodical – you’ll be able to manage changing objectives and multiple workflows.
– Some knowledge of the Asset Management industry or keenness to learn.
Who we are
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
– 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
– Flexible working options
– £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
– Eye-test and glasses allowance
– Competitive private pension scheme
– Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day 1
– Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
– Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
– Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection and private medical and dental insurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Check out our Youtube channel to find out more about us:
Pre-selected applicants will undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer