Red Snapper Recruitment – Justice team attract talent for organisations that play a key role to tackling homelessness and unemployment in the UK to include the resettlement of offenders into a community setting.
We are now pleased to announce we are working with ONE CIC and supporting their mission to tackle the homelessness by recruiting Housing Officers.
The role of a housing officer will give you the opportunity to contribute and help service users get their lives back on track.
Job Title – Housing Support Officer
Basic Salary – £25,000 per annum
Location – Brighton
Hours – Full-time (Monday – Friday)
* A generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days, plus bank holidays.
* Pension scheme
* Westfield Health Care Plan
* Private dental insurance
* Private medical insurance
We are looking for a One CIC Housing Support Officer – We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to join the team with an aspiration to end rough sleeping .
The ideal candidate will be able to bring experience from the supported housing sector and will be delivering housing management services to tenants within a portfolio of Private rented properties occupied by vulnerable adults.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Complete a Personal Support Plan with each customer, compiling a tailored set of actions both the tenant and Housing Support Officer will complete in order to prevent or relieve the tenants homelessness and to interview the tenants as and when required.
· To provide housing management and housing related support to a caseload of tenants.
· To be responsible for the monitoring of all rent accounts ensuring that both personal and housing benefit elements are paid regularly – taking early intervention and prevention action to minimise rent arrears, only taking enforcement action when necessary.
· Work collaboratively with other departments – in particular, Facilities and Property Management and other community operations .
· To ensure that tenants receive services relevant to their needs.
· To support tenants to engage and participate in Progression activities.
· To work proactively with tenants to find high-quality and affordable move-on accommodation.
· Maximising housing occupancy and minimising voids by taking proactive action
· Ensure that tenants comply with Tenancy and License conditions , and taking action to deal with anti-social behaviour as instructed by the Regional Operations Manager.
· To be responsible for weekly and monthly compliance checks within each managed property .
· The main responsibilities will include ; managing a portfolio of properties undertaking all housing management functions to include considering referrals.
The successful candidate will have experience of :
* Delivering excellent customer service
* Working 121 and working as part of a team
* An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, outlook and Excel packages
* Experience in working with a housing management system
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
About One CIC
One CIC was created to answer the immediate homelessness crisis in the UK, as well as help to prepare for the impact the Coronavirus pandemic will continue to have on homelessness and unemployment over the next few years”
There has never been a more critical time to provide high quality housing and intensive support for people in need. The Covid pandemic has escalated an already demanding situation where it is estimated that over 320,000 people are facing homelessness and potentially more as the fallout from Covid is fully realised.
Since its formation ONE (Housing & Support) CIC has been on a passionate and committed journey to provide high quality accommodation and much needed support within regional bases, to support vulnerable and homeless communities.
ONE CIC has a clear strategy and ethos underpinned by a commitment to ensure that all staff, support and service provision operates within the core values of:
* Compassion * Empowerment * Honesty * Innovation
Its Mission is to empower people not impoverish them and therefore everything they do is person-led. By listening and understanding each person’s situation, they can provide a suitable home and appropriate support to suit the needs of the individual