Principal Covenant and Financial Analysis (Pensions)- Brighton (Hybrid) – £77,000 per annum to £100,000 per annum
Acorn by Synergie is assisting their client (one of the key regulatory bodies in the UK) with their recruitment of a Principal Covenant and Financial Analysis. Our client is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions.
As Principal Covenant and Financial Analysis, you will provide specialist financial analysis and strategic advice to case teams regulating Defined Benefit and pension schemes and Master Trusts and, through interaction with trustees and employers to ensure agreement of appropriate funding plans, and to protect savers benefits and the Pension Protection Fund through the use of the Regulator's funding, clearance, and moral hazard powers.
* Provide business/financial expertise to ensure an appropriate outcome of cases, providing advice to support effective negotiation in disputes concerning pension liabilities in funding cases and corporate transactions to protect savers benefits
* Contribute to case teams with specific, technical analysis of corporate activity and provide recommendations to assist trustee's negotiations and the Regulator's clearance decisions, and use of moral hazard powers
* Review agreed and proposed recovery plans with emphasis on affordability, viability, sustainable growth and cash management and take a leadership role in business negotiations to ensure agreed recovery plans are appropriate
* Educate and mentor case specialists and other professional disciplines within the regulator on business assessment and practices including successful and useful interventions and approach
Experience and qualifications:
* Experienced of working in Accounting and Advisory or Corporate Banking
* Track record of engagement with corporate entities and other professional Advisors
* Understanding of corporate structuring/re-structuring, mergers and acquisitions
* Ability to analyse financial statement in detail
* Understanding of business valuation techniques and typical corporate capital structures
* ACA or ACIB or CFA Qualification or Qualified by Experience
* Understanding of Insolvency and Business recovery
* Knowledge of UK Defined Benefit pensions and defined contribution pension environment.
If you feel like your experience can fulfil this role and you are interested in working for a brilliant company, please get in touch with Brent Slocombe on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment