Intermediate Building Surveyor
Location – Brighton, East Sussex, BN1
Full time: Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm
Salary range: £35-45K DOE – ALSO Company mobile phone and payment toward MRICS accreditation and ongoing RICS subscription.
Building Surveyor Job Overview
My client is looking for an experienced Post-Graduate Building Surveyor (with at least 1 + years’ post- qualification experience – working predominantly in the Brighton and Hove area, however routinely travelling in the direction of Worthing, Eastbourne, inland Sussex and occasionally London – so a driver required for client and site visits.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in building condition surveys, measured surveys, defect analysis and preparation of formal reports; submission of building regulations and planning applications. Experience of party wall matters, CAD and CDM regulations would also be an advantage.
Reporting to the senior management team, you will directly influence colleague engagement and fulfilment and thereby increase productivity and client satisfaction, which are at the heart of the company ethos. The role offers an opportunity for the right candidate to further develop and progress within the company.
Employee benefits package:
Our client runs a successful ongoing programme for colleagues through their APCs.
Flexible working, training, company pension contribution, employee recognition/reward scheme, team building events, cycle to work scheme, free eye test voucher, Employee Assistance, community activities. 25 Days annual leave. Support with training / CPD and career development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Degree – ideally within Building Surveyor (RICS accredited).
• Experience in CAD drawings preferable.
• Design capability.
• Practise in local authority applications and approval, including to Heritage properties.
• Experience in party wall matters
• Able to undertake preparation of specifications to act as the principal designer under CDM 2015 regulations.
• Able to undertake defect investigation reports.
• Able to undertake and assist with insurance reinstatement cost assessments.
• Able to undertake Home Surveys
• Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
• A good team player – willingness to share knowledge and support other colleagues as required. Working with other companies, and engaging with other colleagues, within the group.
• Accountable – take personal responsibility for successfully resolving matters.
• Commitment – take pride in your own work and care about your own and your team’s performance.
• Mature – take a calm, measured, common-sense approach to situations.
• Positive – project an optimistic, motivated attitude