Evolve are recruiting for an experienced Part Time Scrub Nurse to join the UK’s top rated eye hospital in providing outstanding eye health care for their patients. This is a patient-focused company who are recognised for consistently delivering excellent results and offering treatment options for the full range of vision correction solutions. As part of this role, you will be responsible for participating in all aspects of the Ophthalmic Surgical pathway. You will have specific responsibility for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team.
This role is based in Brighton working two days, with a variety of fantastic benefits on offer!
* Current NMC/HCP Registration is essential.
* Minimum 12 month Scrubbing experience in any speciality.
* Registered General Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner.
* General knowledge of clinical governance.
* Awareness of responsibilities in relation to NMC Professional Code of Conduct.
* Anticipate the needs of the surgical team, by provision or appropriate surgical instrumentation and equipment.
* Take responsibility to ensure all surgical equipment is disposed of correctly including ensuring appropriate decontamination and sterilisation of reusable equipment is carried out and can be evidenced.
* Work with Consultant/Surgeon supporting them and delivering excellent care to patients during their clinical pathway.
* Use clinical judgement and analytical skills to pro-actively identify potential problems, with special regard for surgical instrumentation, turnaround times for decontamination and sterilisation of reusable items.
* Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed according to the NMC guidelines for the Standards for Medicines Management 2008.
* To assist with the organisation of notes and hospital list to ensure safe and smooth running of hospital schedules.
Role Specific Competencies
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to build relationships internally and externally
* Computer and IT skills i.e., good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Team player
* Flexible can-do attitude
* 2 stage process.
Interested? Please click apply or contact Claire Handley on (phone number removed) to discuss further!
Evolve is a leading recruitment and outsourcing organisation, operating within the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Medical Device and Life Science sectors
Medicnow is an NHSi framework Agency who provide highly-qualified and flexible Ambulance Staff to the NHS, Ministry of Defence (MOD)...View Job
Domiciliary Home Care Worker | Covering the Brighton & Hove area| Full and Part Time positions available| Hourly pay from...View Job
LOCUM SONOGRAPHER ROLE IN BRIGHTON AVAILABLE BELOW ** Trident healthcare are currently looking for an experienced SONOGRAPHER for a role...View Job
Nothing But Healthcare is currently recruiting for Mental Health Support Workers in Brighton to join our diverse and dynamic team....View Job
We are working with one of the Largest NHS Cataract Surgery Providers in the UK with Clinics Nationwide. Due to...View Job
Hunter AHP have an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced General Radiographer to work with an NHS trust on...View Job