LCS are looking for committed and enthusiastic Support Workers to work full time 35 hours plus 2 sleep ins per week with the opportunity to work additional hours. You will be working on a rota basis which may include evening and weekends. Flexibility in your availability is a must!
* Salary Basic salary £17,817.80 + sleep in shifts = potential annual salary of £22,785.80
* Location – Brighton (new home opening)
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
As a Support Worker your role involves engaging, motivating and encouraging young people placed in their individual flat or shared house.
Young people supported by LCS are vulnerable and you are responsible for ensuring that the home in which you are working provides a safe, welcoming and healthy environment for the young person living there.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Offer practical support and guidance to young people in line with their individual care plan to enable them to develop skills needed to live independently and to achieve in their education
* Maintain positive working relationships with young people, staff and professionals by communicating effectively at all times.
* Support a young person in Education, Employment and Training, who is working towards an accredited learning qualification, by evidencing work completed and submitting this to the relevant instructor.
* Maintain appropriate links in the community – e.g., educational provisions, sport centre, youth clubs.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
* Flexibility in their availability as the roles involve shift work – sleep-in nights, evenings and weekends
* Hold Residential Childcare/Families Practitioner Diploma/Children and Young People's Workforce/NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, or be willing to study towards this
* Experience of working with attachment and trauma is desirable
* Experience of working with challenging behaviour and or mental health issues is desirable
* Have an understanding of the issues that face young people in care
* Be willing to travel so a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is desirable, although good public transport links are available in this area should you have no access to a vehicle
* Computer experience to an intermediate level
WHAT WE OFFER:
* On-the-Job Accredited Training
* Opportunities to gain NVQ Qualifications
* Access to accredited online courses/qualifications
* Regular Supervisions
* Pension scheme
* Employee discount scheme
* 28 days’ Annual Leave (including bank holidays)
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check for this position. Polaris Community is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates
Are you enthusiastic, fun-loving, yet professional? If this sounds like you, LiveYou is looking for female PAs to assist an...View Job
An exciting opportunity has become available to work within our growing, specialist mental health service in Brighton and Hove as...View Job
Support Worker Roles in West Sussex needed We provide supported accommodation to young people throughout Worthing, Brighton and Hove. We...View Job
What is on offer? * Holiday pay and full Training giving * Casual dress * Company Pension * Referral Programme...View Job
Nothing But Healthcare are currently recruiting for experienced Healthcare Assistants on a Locum/Ad-Hoc basis in Brighton working within a mental...View Job