QA Test Analyst
Reports To: Head of IT and Strategic Development
Based in the heart of Brighton, our client is a rapidly expanding global organisation.
We make travel easier for millions of customers every year – providing them with a ground
transportation solution anywhere and everywhere in the world. We pride ourselves in
providing great value pre-bookable products without compromise on quality.
This is an opportunity for an experienced QA / Tester to work alongside the Project
Management and Senior Development Teams. You will have 2+ years relevant testing
experience and work well within a team and have the initiative to promote and drive further
processes and efficiencies into the business.
You will be familiar with agile development principles and implementing test plans / test cases
that will need to adapt as the applications evolve and the requirements change.
We're looking for someone who enjoys being part of the team and can identify risks and
communicate issues / bugs within a release cycle concisely. Someone who is
keen to build on manual testing and help deliver automated regression testing platform for
The successful candidate will:
• To read all the requirement documents and analyse what needs to be tested at the time
of Sprint Planning (Defining Scope).
• Based on the information procured in the above step decide how it is to be tested.
• Inform the test lead about what all resources that would be required for software testing
before Sprint. For example: Environment availability, access to the environments.
• Developing test plan which defines the test scope and estimate the efforts required for
each task prior to the Sprint and ensuring it is reviewed by either Test Lead/Product
Owner/Project Manager (based on the requirement)
• Develop/Modify test cases and trace them back with requirements in JIRA (traceability
matrix) on the first day of the Sprint.
• Taking complete ownership of the Task/CR/Project assigned to one’s queue.
• Actively participating Daily Stand Ups or any status meeting for their respective Scrum
• Execute all the test cases and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect
without any delay.
• Test any hotfix issue on all the available environments irrespective of Sprint.
• Carry out regression testing every time when changes are made to the code to fix defects
• Prioritizing test cases (Regression) to verify the most critical ones first and then test the
• Adhering to the process of Testing defined in HTG
Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
• 2+ QA / Testing experience.
• Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Experience with bug tracking software: Jira, Bugzilla.
• Experience with web-based database applications preferred
• Experience with MySQL, SQL Server Databases preferred
• Experience with Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, preferred
• Exposure with automated testing tools. i.e., Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people
fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender,
age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender
reassignment or marital/family status
Senior / Project Managers. £50k – £80k + Bonus and benefits. Ref: M4101A. Brighton / Sussex / Kent: RELOCATION assistance....View Job
Scrum Masters: £45k – £65k+ Neg+ Bonus. Excellent benefits. Ref: 4110MA. South East: East Sussex / Kent (relocation assistance available):...View Job
Software Developer £45,000 – £55,000 + remote working options + benefits Brighton – East Sussex Software Developer required by a...View Job
Product Manager I’m working with a SaaS company who create a security & privacy management platform used by 100’s of...View Job
Position: Junior UI/UX Designer Salary: £20-22K Location: Brighton, UK (Hybrid) Tech Stack: Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and Figma The...View Job