Our client is hiring a for a .NET Software Developer, they have been developing applications and tools for over 30 years, utilised in the Wholesale and Retail sectors both in the UK and internationally. Our Brighton office develops bespoke order processing and warehouse management applications. We are situated on the beautiful campus of the University of Sussex, with many choices for food and excellent transport links to the surrounding area by road, rail or bus. We do allow remote working.
As a .NET software developer, you will be responsible for developing applications for an established and growing distribution centre for entertainment products. This encompasses desktop applications using WPF, Xamarin applications for Android warehousing devices, and a number of .NET Core back-end services, backed by SQL Server databases.
Our team has recently successfully improved and transformed existing data-centric systems into a domain-centric design by following principles of Clean Architecture, and Domain-Driven Design (DDD) practices. We use Kanban to plan development and are starting to use EventStorming to gather requirements from stakeholders. We use code review, regular knowledge-sharing events, and generally take a collaborative approach to development.
We encourage team members to be proactive and decide which direction they would like to take their career. This opportunity carries the expectation that you will not be just another “cog in the machine”, and will voice your opinions in shaping the future of the team.
* Develop quality software using SOLID principles
* Maintain existing software applications
* Design highly scalable, testable code
* Respond to development support queries
* Analyse complex problems with good attention to detail
Required Experience and Skills
* C# programming experience
* Experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server
* Good communication skills for sharing and reviewing code
* Used to working in an agile environment
Advantageous Experience and Skills
While these skills are desirable, training will be provided as required.
* .NET Core
* Xamarin Forms (Android)
* Rest APIs (OpenAPI, Swagger)
* Familiarity with SignalR and gRPC
* Familiarity .NET Entity Framework Core
* Familiarity with RabbitMQ
* Familiarity with Distributed Systems Architecture
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
* Familiarity with Test/Behavioural Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
Tools we use
* Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise Edition (MSDN)
* SQL Server 2017+
* Git/Teams Foundation Server (TFS)
* DevExpress (WPF Controls)
* Microsoft Teams
Senior / Project Managers. £50k – £80k + Bonus and benefits. Ref: M4101A. Brighton / Sussex / Kent: RELOCATION assistance....View Job
Scrum Masters: £45k – £65k+ Neg+ Bonus. Excellent benefits. Ref: 4110MA. South East: East Sussex / Kent (relocation assistance available):...View Job
Software Developer £45,000 – £55,000 + remote working options + benefits Brighton – East Sussex Software Developer required by a...View Job
Product Manager I’m working with a SaaS company who create a security & privacy management platform used by 100’s of...View Job
Position: Junior UI/UX Designer Salary: £20-22K Location: Brighton, UK (Hybrid) Tech Stack: Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and Figma The...View Job