Contract type: Full time, 12 Months Fixed Term
We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international education partnering with students and Top Tier Universities from all over the world. We believe in a creating a better world through education, and value talented, driven, and student centred people that believe the same.
We are looking for a Finance & Procurement Project Manager on a fixed term basis to join our team in Brighton. You will have responsibility for project managing a change management programme for the Financial and Procurement workstreams for key transformation project within the UK, supporting commercial aspects of Contracts, Commercials, Suppliers and People costs and full financial oversight.
In this role you will perform several duties during the project lifecycle, including data gathering and analysis, cash flow monitoring, and working with teams in Finance, HR and the Business area to complete the project according to business needs and internal and external deadlines. This role requires an excellent balance of financial expertise and organisation skills, as well as the ability to set schedules and drive team member performance.
* Partnering with the Head of Commercial Finance and Commercial Operations, Procurement Director and Estates Director who will be providing clear direction and expertise of what is needed for the Project
* Scheduling and managing timelines to implement the project on time and meet key milestones
Financial Planning and Analysis
* Provide financial oversight of the project revenue and expenses, cash flow, investments, and reporting
* Provide oversight with the financial control team to conduct financial due diligence and apply accounting procedures while also gathering and analysing data from many sources at once
* Own and prepare cost-benefit analyses for projects across departments while identifying areas where cash flow and revenue can be improved
Project Wide Team Leadership
* Build and work with cross-functional teams, including coordinating across departments and motivate staff members to complete projects according to both internal and external deadlines is vital
* Ensuring project reports are submitted according to guidelines and helps support organisational performance by delivering a high level of project completion
* Clear communication with team members and executives during the project lifecycle. Presenting findings and issues with stakeholders
* Coordinate closely with HR to ensure consistency of data as well as providing analysis as needed to support decision making
* Identify suppliers impacted by change and manage end to end communication strategy
* Understand existing commercial arrangements and obligations
* Support suppliers exit negotiations to mitigate financial settlements
* Work with Estates Director to identify sustainable and secure method of equipment disposal
* Manage list of suppliers within the project and delivering a hands-on attitude to work needed, including supplier communication and negotiations to accounting system reconciliations or processes
Efficiencies and Enhancements
* Actively seek methods to enhance overall project efficiency and performance. Taking a more active role in day-to-day work within the project lifecycle and identifying cost-saving opportunities at the organisational level
* Finance project managers identify areas for improvement and develop solutions to prevent project delays and help a company meet its budgetary and cash flow goals
* Qualified or Part Qualified accountant
* Skills in influencing stakeholders
* Experienced finance lead
* Ability to build relationships with and influence colleagues in an international matrix organisation essential
* Prepared to enquire and challenge the status quo in a constructive manner
* Experience of driving out and managing the monitoring of non-financial data as well as financial KPIs
* Able to present data and narrative in a way that is easy to read and understand
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in particular experience of preparing MS PowerPoint decks
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
NURSERY ASSISTANTS NEEDED – BRIGHTON * Great opportunity to work at fantastic Nurseries across East Sussex and West Sussex *...View Job
Location: Brighton Brighton Head Office – Stroudley Road. Contract Type: Full- Time- Permanent. Salary: £52-57K per annum. JOB OVERVIEW We...View Job
Albion in the Community have an exciting opportunity for an Education Coordinator to join the team. Location: American Express Community Stadium,...View Job
Integra People are currently recruiting School Cleaners in the Brighton Area. Duties will consist of cleaning toilets , classrooms, corridors,...View Job
Graduates – Brighton & Hove Are you a recent graduate looking for a school based role, to work with children...View Job