Our client, a global aerospace company, are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Brighton on a 6month contract.
The role involves maintaining and managing internal office systems and additionally the operational infrastructure upon which their deployed software solutions are currently based.
This role includes both internal P.C / server and database systems required for the operation of the office and development systems & the general upkeep of office-based IT solutions. The Infrastructure Engineer will assist in creating improvement plans, recommending new technologies and implementation strategies. They will be responsible for following existing maintenance procedures, updating procedure documents and creating new documentation where necessary. They will also assist with the management and deployment of the production network where required.
Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
* Maintain existing office-based network and server systems, including VPN, hardware and licence management.
* Maintain test laboratory equipment to operational standard ensuring that defects are managed and resolved by appropriate teams.
* Manage office rooms and cabinet equipment within.
* Manage remote assets on loan to employees.
* Completing server and database maintenance tasks as defined by the department’s procedure documentation & telephony systems.
* Update existing documentation and create new documentation where necessary.
* Work with the Manager on the infrastructure roadmap.
* Propose process improvements and agree implementation plan and timeframes with the Manager.
* Assist with the implementation of new internal and third-party system projects.
* Communication with external parties in relation to existing systems and new projects.
* Perform software deployments in line with the departments deployment processes when required.
* Keep the departmental work management system up to date with all relevant information requested by the Manager.
* Attending quarterly reviews with the Manager to be used as supporting evidence for individual reviews carried out by the Company.
* Have a good working knowledge of all server and database systems used by the department.
* Helping identify areas of the infrastructure that would significantly benefit from further development work and defining potential actions.
* Assist in the research and development of new technologies and the application of those technologies into their existing products.
* Monitoring reports regarding the performance of the hardware and software, as well as assisting in planning of related improvements.
Infrastructure Engineer Requirements:
* Excellent knowledge of Windows Server 2016/2019 operating systems and associated technologies, including OS365, AD and DNS
* Good knowledge of IIS deployment and administration
* Good knowledge of MS SQL 2016/2019 Server deployment and administration
* Good knowledge of T-SQL
* Good knowledge of SQL Server Profiler
* Good written and interpersonal communication skills
* Good knowledge of Software Development lifecycle (desirable)
* Knowledge of software deployments (desirable)
* Knowledge of Redgate toolset (desirable)
* Experience producing process documentation and test plans (desirable)
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website
We are looking for an a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to be based in Brighton, with Hybrid home working options....View Job
A great opportunity to join our Kineo team as a Project Coordinator, perhaps as a recent graduate looking to gain...View Job
Fullstack Developer (C# .Net) – Brighton (2 days a week onsite) – Software Company – up to £65K plus benefits...View Job
General Manager – Brighton, Permanent, remote, flexible working and in-person working in Brighton Salary: Competitive for skills and experience The...View Job
Role: Information Security & Compliance – Business Partner Location: Brighton Salary: £33,883 – £44,979 Permanent Role This is your chance...View Job