Our client, a global aerospace company, are looking for a Contract Technical Project Manager to join their team in Brighton.
The company has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defence by Forbes magazine and the role gives you the opportunity to build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Working on the companies passenger processing suite of products, The Technical Project Manager is the primary contact between the commercial business and the development centre for each project. The Technical Project manager will engage the business at the project initiation phase and follow each project from Initiation, Business Analysis and Order Acceptance through the development cycles of Acceptance / Planning / Development / Quality Assurance and User Acceptance testing. The Technical Project Manager provides a focal point for all deliverables from the Development centre and will engage with the Global sales and launch teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Accountability and ownership of the allocated projects to determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for specific projects or initiatives.
* Develop and implement detailed Project Plans, Test Plans, Resource Plans and other project documentation as specifically required for each project.
* Apply project management skills and techniques, e.g. team leading, multi-tasking and financial awareness to deliver high quality projects.
* Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones.
* Provide input for costing and resource estimates to the Bids and Proposals team.
* Maintain project documentation in accordance with company standards. Provide regular project updates/presentation to Management.
* Hold / participate in regular business stakeholder meetings and update on project statuses to both internal management and clients.
* Manage the completed project handover to the launch teams, Customer Account Management team or Site Management staff, enabling them to rapidly pick-up the continuing life and needs of the project deliverable.
* Extensive experience in a Technical Project manager role or related field.
* Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods, Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition preferred.
* Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills with a track record of following through on commitments and delivering successful projects.
* Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams.
* The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
* Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills & excellent documentation skills.
* Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
* Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
* Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Vision and MS Project.
* Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
* Knowledge of Airport Passenger processing, Airline Departure Control Systems would be considered an advantage.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website
We are looking for an a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to be based in Brighton, with Hybrid home working options....View Job
A great opportunity to join our Kineo team as a Project Coordinator, perhaps as a recent graduate looking to gain...View Job
Fullstack Developer (C# .Net) – Brighton (2 days a week onsite) – Software Company – up to £65K plus benefits...View Job
General Manager – Brighton, Permanent, remote, flexible working and in-person working in Brighton Salary: Competitive for skills and experience The...View Job
Role: Information Security & Compliance – Business Partner Location: Brighton Salary: £33,883 – £44,979 Permanent Role This is your chance...View Job