Planet Forward have recently been engaged by a leading organisation who provide technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global Aerospace / Aviation industry. This fantastic business is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect to join the team in Brighton on a permanent basis.
The Senior/Principal Solutions Architect will develop and deliver conceptual designs and technical architectures suited to a variety of products, customers and market needs. The individual will be acknowledged as a thought leader within the ATI, credible and comfortable when engaging with C-level executives of both a technical and non-technical disposition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provision of the technical solution architecture for capital program initiatives.
* Leading, and collaborating with, other members of the Engineering team in the development of technical architecture proposals that adopt best practices and employ industry architecture frameworks.
* Provide technical solution designs for customer and market opportunities in situations where the technical sales support function does not have the requisite knowledge.
* Employing and applying a deep knowledge of cloud platforms and the core capabilities of cloud service providers (e.g. serverless architectures) in designing and implementing contemporary architectural solutions.
* Develop business, application, systems, data, services and solution architectures.
* Architect, plan and implement cloud applications incorporating modern application architectures and satisfying all applicable cybersecurity considerations.
* Designing a target technical architecture for the Airports business unit’s portfolio of products and services.
* Devising technical product roadmaps depicting the steps anticipated to migrate from the current state to the targeted future state.
* Engaging with senior customer executives, generating technical proposals and solutions to their business problems, sharing and refining these with them in a collaborative fashion.
* Identifying and researching contemporary technologies that may be applicable in addressing product and market needs.
* Making technology choices and proposals that consider the wider business context, risks, opportunities and constraints.
* Fulfilling the role of technical liaison between Global Product Management (the BU, and the Engineering team.
* Deliver cost efficiencies by migrating the product portfolio over time towards a common target architecture where it makes sense to do so.
* Partnering with product management teams in the technical elaboration of proposed product investments so that initial estimates for inclusion in the capital budget planning process can be made.
* Ensuring that design and development work undertaken by others within the Engineering team is aligned to the approved technical architecture for a given project/program.
* Conducting and participating in journey mapping with business and technology stakeholders to ensure a cohesive cross-channel user experience.
* Applying human-centered Design Thinking principles to clearly establish workflow and functions based on roles and personas.
* Plan, design and review the construction of APIs, providing direction and guidance that ensure compliance with standards and requirements.
* Experience with cloud architectures, tools, technologies, processes and providers is essential.
* Broad domain level architectural understanding of contemporary application architectures, cloud computing, DevSecOps, IT infrastructure, networks, IT governance and IT security.
* Experience of working with a range of different technologies and/or products addressing rules engines, database management systems, data lakes, data modelling and data analytics.
* Experience with architecting security designs in compliance with security regulations.
* Experience with Agile and other SDLC methodologies.
* Knowledge of hyper-converged technology, containerization, and serverless services
* Experience in systems design, programming, implementation and integration of complex distributed IT solutions.
* The ability to depict and convey understanding of technical architecture using a wide range of design notations and artifacts, as applicable to the audience.
* Comfortable with presenting at customer-facing events and situations.
* Ability to clearly communicate their ideas to designers and developers, securing and sustaining their buy-in.
* Willing and able to travel extensively.
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch for a confidential conversation on (phone number removed).
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website
We are looking for an a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to be based in Brighton, with Hybrid home working options....View Job
Graduate Software Developer – Brighton – £25,000 – £30,000 C#, Asp.Net, MVC, Angular We have a fantastic opportunity for a...View Job
Software Developer – Brighton – £55,000 – £60,000 C#, .NET Core, Angular We have an exciting opportunity for a talented...View Job
Our client are a leading Occupational Health Provider, they combine expert advice and clinical services. They work hard to help...View Job
NET Developer – Fastest-Growing Internet Co Ever – Brighton (Tech stack: .NET Developer, .NET 5, C#, Azure, Angular 11, Multithreading,...View Job