School Governing Body Clerk
Judicium Education is a school services company supporting hundreds of schools in England and Wales with professional support services.
We offer in-depth advice to school leaders and governing bodies on the issues that arise in running an effective school including a clerking service that includes attendance (virtual or physical) at governors’ meetings. Due to our ongoing increase in business, we now need to further expand our team across Brighton and surrounding areas.
We would like to hear from experienced governance professionals, school clerks, or other professionals with transferable skills who can provide the full range of professional clerking and governance services including:
* providing legislative updates that prompt the governing body to take appropriate action where required
* collating and distributing agendas and associated documents for governor meetings
* ensuring that the governing body is properly constituted
* attending governors’ meetings – usually in the evening – and creating accurate and relevant minutes
* providing effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees
* providing procedural, regulatory, and governance advice to governing bodies as and when appropriate
Remuneration will be on a fixed-fee per meeting basis with a monthly retainer.
Whilst our services are truly national, we are currently keen to hear from individuals that can cover many areas across Brighton and surrounding areas.
Successful applicants will:
* be experienced in school governance OR with transferable skills
* have an understanding of the legal/regulatory requirements on governing bodies as per the clerking competency framework, governance handbook & academies financial handbook
* have the ability and clarity of thought required to advise a governing body and senior leadership team on governance
FULL TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROGRESSION IN OUR EXCLUSIVE CAREER PATHWAY.
Please address your application to Jeremy Kaye by email via the button below including your up-to-date CV and a short note as to your experience and suitability.
Part-time (with the flexibility to grow)
Administration / Education
Right to work required
Primary and Secondary Supply Teacher Required / Brighton / East Sussex Areas Class Cover are looking to recruit both experienced...View Job
Science Teacher Lewes, East Sussex £100 – £189 per day Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum...View Job
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for several Tutors in your local area to help disadvantaged pupils who have been especially...View Job
Contract type: Full Time- Permanent Location: Brighton Head Office – Stroudley Road Salary: £19,000 per annum JOB OVERVIEW We are...View Job
Early Years Trainer / Assessor Brighton / Hastings to £28,000 + bonus + bens Are you a qualified Early Years...View Job
Location: Brighton Head Office – Stroudley Road Contract Type: Full Time – Permanent JOB OVERVIEW We are looking for a...View Job