My client is an exciting, growing tech company whom have developed a large-scale, big data search intelligence application used by FTSE 100 clients. They are hiring a Database Engineer / Developer to work on their successful search intelligence platform. You’ll get to join a fantastic team, driving forward a product used by high-profile global brands. The role can be remote but they are keen for the successful PHP Database Engineer to spend one day per week in their Central Brighton offices (more if preferred).
PHP Database Engineer – More Information and Duties:
As a large-scale, big data application, their mission is more exciting than your typical PHP project so they are looking for a motivated and talented Engineer to work on the webapp and cloud infrastructure. You’ll join our platform team, providing backend infrastructure to support the work of product development squads. You’ll work alongside experienced Engineers within a small team where you’ll get to have genuine influence from day one.
Key responsibilities for the PHP Database Engineer:
* Optimising and scaling up the cloud data processing software and infrastructure that powers the platform.
* Expanding the platform services with new functionality to support the product development roadmap.
* Maintaining the high standards of the codebase through quality contributions and reviewing the work of your peers.
PHP Database Engineer – Over to You!
While relevant experience is great, my client is looking for the right person – more junior applicants who are bright, proactive, learn rapidly and share their vision for clean, well-architected infrastructure and code will be considered (including recent graduates)!
You will be passionate about data, databases, pipelines, optimisation and scaling – you keep track of industry trends, technologies and practices and know when’s the right time to put them to work. You know how to collaborate to get things done without creating technical debt.
PHP Database Engineer – Required skills:
* Experience working with SQL databases and cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS, MySQL RDS
* Understanding of software design fundamentals and an ability to write well structured, maintainable code
* Experience working within an agile team using Linux, Git, docker and continuous integration
* Highly articulate communication skills and strong attention to detail
* Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Highly familiar with modern, object-oriented programming in PHP8
* CircleCI, Terraform, Fargate, ECS
* Serverless, AWS Lambda
* Unit/integration testing frameworks
Other information – My client likes to get together once a week in their office in central Brighton. The rest of the time you can work from home or from their offices as you prefer.
My client offers the chance to play a key role in a growing development team, within an incredibly exciting organisation. Masses of career potential are available here, as is the opportunity to help drive forward a world-class product used by high-profile, global brands.
Sounds interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today
Scrum Masters: £45k – £65k+ Neg+ Bonus. Excellent benefits. Ref: 4110MA. South East: East Sussex / Kent (relocation assistance available):...View Job
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join a large, busy and growing employer in the...View Job
Desktop Support Engineer is required by vibrant and ever-expanding software house based in the heart of Brighton. As part of...View Job
1st/2nd line Support Analyst is required by vibrant and ever-expanding software house based in the heart of Brighton. As part...View Job
We are currently hiring a PHP Developer to work on the successful search intelligence platform. You’ll get to join a...View Job
We are currently hiring a Database Engineer to work on the successful search intelligence platform. You’ll get to join a...View Job