The opportunity now exists for an individual to join the team and develop their career within a small sized team of building services engineers by contributing to the delivery of quality of our projects.
The Brighton Building Services Engineering team enjoys successful client relationships in Further Education, Higher Education, Healthcare, and Commercial. Following recent significant success in winning regional and national projects, we are keen to maximise these successes as part of an overall growth strategy.
We want to recruit a candidate who will support the mechanical building services design team. This will provide an opportunity to develop technical design skills with a view to management of projects as the position develops. The majority of work in the Brighton office is undertaken using the BIM environment (Revit).
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
As a mechanical building services engineer, you will be involved in a range of small to large projects. The role will be varied and will give you the opportunity to work in a team of other experienced mechanical engineers as well as managing some of your own small projects giving your the opportunity to enhance your skill set and develop your career.
The key elements of the role are:
* Working and liaising with associated engineering disciplines as part of delivering projects
* Working with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction and promoting opportunities with potential and established clients
* Carrying out design and calculation work using relevant industry software (i.e. IES, Tas, Hevacomp)
* Developing, maintaining and monitoring programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects
* Demonstrating technical expertise, providing a good all-round experience in Mechanical Systems design, Heating, Mechanical Ventilation, Cooling, Natural Ventilation, drainage and HWS.
* Coaching and developing more junior team members.
As a member of this well-established team, you will have the opportunity to develop your commercial awareness and support work winning strategies to help grow the size and capability of the team.
We are looking for an experienced mechanical building services engineer that is chartered or currently working towards their chartership and has experience of working within a team and managing projects. As well as this you will need to have the following qualifications and experience:
* Degree in mechanical engineering or a building services related subject.
* Membership of UK IMechE or CIBSE
* Experience working on a variety of Building Services design projects including, energy, healthcare, education, commercial, industrial and transportation sector projects
* Experience of working within a consultancy environment
* Understanding of BREEAM, Low carbon and Building Regulation
* Ability to produce bespoke building services designs to British Standards
* Ability to communicate and present to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, both written and verbally
* Willing and able to travel within the UK and internationally as required
If you are keen on progressing your career within building services, have experience working with internal and external clients and are able to adapt to different working environments with a can-do attitude, then we would love to hear from you