BN2, The City of Brighton and Hove, Brighton and Hove
£26,000 - £28,000 yearly
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Bookkeeper to join our growing business to help us with our fast-expanding and diverse client portfolio.
Your Accounts Team are chartered management accountants based in Brighton, operating since 2009. We are a forward-thinking company embracing the latest software and technologies to offer the best solutions for our Client’s needs.
* You’re methodical and practical with an exceptionally high level of attention to detail and a team-oriented attitude.
* You’ll already be AAT level 4 qualified.
* You are comfortable working to deadlines and switching between different tasks (ideally with different clients) without the risk of missing something important.
* You’ll have 2-3 years’ experience within an accountancy practice.
* You’ll have a good command of the English language (both spoken and written) as the job involves writing of technical emails to clients.
* You want to work as part of a friendly team and to assist and support our growing client portfolio.
Job Description: Senior Bookkeeper
You’ll work closely with your own portfolio of clients from different industries supporting them to achieve their business goals.
The role will include the following duties:
* Bookkeeping for multiple clients which include all areas of purchase and sales ledger.
* Preparing accounts up to trial balance which include reconciling balance sheet items.
* Prepare VAT calculations for different VAT schemes and submitting VAT returns.
* Processing payment runs and producing cash flow forecasts.
* Liaising directly with HMRC.
* Other adhoc duties such as posting journals and assisting with month end processes.
* The candidate will be entitled to 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
* Employer Pension Scheme
* Private Medical Care
* Must have good Excel skills.
* Robust working knowledge of XERO accounts package is essential