Job title: Quality Manager
Location: East Sussex, commutable from: Uckfield, Lewes, Brighton, Newhaven, Eastbourne, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Crowborough, Heathfield, Hailsham, Bexhill, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells etc.
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 + Benefits
Quality Manager required to join our client in East Sussex.
This business is developing and as this happens they are looking for a Quality Manager to join the team. This is a new position within the company, until now the Operations Director has been responsible for Quality alongside his other duties. We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to come in and take over this responsibility.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality professional who wants to come in to a business and make their mark, they are looking for someone to take over and implement changes and processes to develop the business. In this role you will have full support from the Managing Director.
What is on offer?
* Competitive Salary (£45,000-£55,000)
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Share Incentive Scheme
* Company Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Flexible Working Hours
What is the role?
As the Quality Manager you will report to the Managing Director and you will be responsible for creating and maintaining processes to support quality in all aspects of the business from the sales process through to production and then onto shipping, installation and customer support.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for managing the Quality system and ensuring that all products and services match the needs of their customers by implementing a system for gathering feedback on quality issues, conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions needed to improve efficiency.
Some of the responsibilities include:
* Maintain compliance to ISO9001, the Quality Manager will be the Quality Management Representative.
* Ensure validation and verification documentation is provided by Engineering for new products.
* Review customer feedback and use this to make recommendations for further improvements to quality processes and decisions.
* Produce relevant reports and graphs to help with root-cause analysis and demonstrate continuous improvement.
* Ensure corrective actions are put in place to rectify any deficiencies.
* Active involvement in all aspects of product change and new product development so that quality concepts are understood, tracking is in place from product launch where applicable and products have quality designed in.
What are we looking for?
For the Quality Manager role, we are looking for someone who has experience within a similar role from an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
We would like to see someone demonstrate that they have:
* Directly managed an ISO9001 system, within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
* Used root cause analysis tools to implement continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience of project management when introducing a new quality system such as Lean Six Sigma or ISO standardisation