Live in carers needed in Brighton and Hove, MUST be available to start 30/4/19. various packages available
The care assistant will be briefed before undertaking any assignment with the specific tasks involved but in every case it is incumbent upon the care assistant to carry out the work in a safe and professional way and to adhere to the specific instructions as well as the policies and procedures of the company.
Duties and responsibilities
* To assist customers with all aspects of their personal care (when necessary), including:
* Showering and bathing;
* Dressing and grooming;
* Toileting and incontinence;
* Teeth and dentures.
* To assist customers with all aspects of medication, including:
* Communicating with the pharmacy and pick up;
* To assist customers with all aspects of their meal preparation, including:
* Cooking and re-heating;
* Preparing and serving of meals;
* Preparing and clearing the table;
* Safe storage and infection control;
* Communicating with the customer and disposing of unsafe food.
* To support customers in the use of aids and personal equipment, including:
* Standing and walking frames;
* Manual and electric hoists;
* Sliding sheets and moving boards;
* Hearing aids and other physical aids.
* To support customers with home management, including:
* Hovering and sweeping;
* Washing and storing the dishes;
* Washing clothes and hanging them up;
* Making beds and changing the lining